Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Awareness Of A Character

In my pre-production class, our assignment which is meant to be built on throughout the semester is to create a character that would be considered our own alter ego. I don't know what he is going to be like but i have physically designed him and given him some superficial characteristics. How involved am I actually going to get with this character? I thought about the Abraham Maslow Heirarchy and but I felt like I haven't developed him as a character with choices to categorize him. I don't know how in depth I'll go because I feel like if we go to deep, trying to encase everything that this character is will be tough for a short story line.

I know he's a goofy guy that is very musically inclined. I thought about him aesthetically more than anything, just as far as how he'd move around. I tried to understand his body language more and this deduct a listing of possible characteristics that will help develope this character.

I feel like I'm trying to name a pet, the name should reflect it's personality. I guess I had already decided on Fernando simply because that would have been my parents second choice for my name when I was born, so I guess maybe find out what the name Fernando means, and try to see how that reflects on my character.

I think that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment